3DCeram unveiled its new C1000 FLEXMATIC 3D printer. In the companys range of 3D printers dedicated to ceramics, the C1000 FLEXMATIC is designed to meet the industrial challenges of large-scale production. Designed to integrate the SMART Ceramic Factory, 3DCeram’s factory of the future, it has all the assets to print ceramic parts in a semi-automated line.
Thanks to 3DCeram’s 15 years of experience and their range of printers, the C900 FLEX, C100 EASY and C3600 ULTIMATE, they were able to identify drivers for optimization to ensure automation throughout the process: From scraping, to lasering strategies, to the quality of the ready-to-print ceramic formulations, to recycling and post-processing. The result is the C1000 FLEXMATIC printer.
Looking back at the company’s story, 3DCeram has been working from the beginning to make 3D printing ceramic an industrial tool. They kept one question in mind: How to meet the demands of mass production? Now in 2022 they ended on the C1000 FLEXMATIC, the 3D printer designed to meet the needs of greater productivity which is built around several axes:
- A versatile printable area – here 320*320 mm and 200 mm high
- a focus on the printing speed – depending on the formulation and a dozen formulations are available :Si3N4, Zirconia, Alumina etc…
- 2-laser version possible for a higher productivity
- Automation capacity – for the recycling phase of the uncured material as well as the cleaning phase of the parts and the trays
- parts printed on the C1000 FLEXMATIC require little or no support, which saves time.
- A technology, the stereolithography, which ensures the flexibility necessary for all printing strategies (speed, precision…)
- A build platform that meets the need for versatility: large parts and small part runs
- A removable tank that allows semi-automated post-processing of printed parts, and thus continuous production for large series
- User-friendly, the 3D printing of parts can be started by an operator
Since 2015, 3DCeram has made a shift in its market position from being a parts manufacturer to a process provider by transferring technology. In 2019, they expanded the field of possibilities with the C3600 ULTIMATE: a big industrial machine with a 600*600*300 mm build platform. This machine makes it possible to print very large parts, but also very large series of small parts. All this while maintaining the major attribute of the company’s technology, precision for fine details on the parts.
The C3600 ULTIMATE meets the commercial challenges of the German company, Alumina Systems, which can finally bring to take profit on projects that were previously consigned to the shelf due to a lack of suitable tools. To produce this part, it was necessary to combine dimensional feasibility with precision because the part presented has internal channels that cannot be produced by any other shaping tool than 3D printing.
3DCeram supplies ceramic formulations as well as all related services (training and maintenance). To this end, the company has developed its distribution network all over the world, but above all has increased the skills of its historical distributors by training them to install the printers at the end customers’ workshops. Thus, 3DCeram has a dense and efficient network of distributors worldwide! They also have programs dedicated to engineers to bring them to the level of expertise that will enable them to develop on 3DCream printers and to push their projects forward.
For more information, visit 3dceram.com.