Following the launch of their subscription service for 3D printable models earlier this year, 3DShook has just released Appz, a full set of online tools for creating, handling and customising 3D printable products.
“The Appz toolset allows our users to simply drag and drop images to quickly create unique, ready-to-print objects, from cool personalized iPhone cases and business cards to door signs, key chains and lithophane lamps, in just a few steps,” explains Nadav Brill, CTO at 3DShook.
Appz users are offered the following options:
- Local file handling—Simply drag an stl or obj file to your browser
- 2D-to-3D tool/editor based on images, text and shapes—Simply drag a jpg or png image to your browser and start creating
- Image and text wrapping and placement on 3D objects
- Unique, highly precise 3D ruler for scaling and measuring models
- Overhang shader to highlight areas that need support
- Basic online modeller for beginners learning the ropes
- Export to third-party services, such as 3DHubs, Shapeways and i.materialise
Periodical updates will allow users to create new types of products. The toolset is free of charge for 3DShook members until the end of this year.
Nadav adds: “We want our users to have fun while making great objects that work, and we’re constantly developing technologies to allow this. I believe makers and designers at all levels can enjoy these tools, not just beginners”