Carbon announced that it has acquired ParaMatters, a SaaS-based company offering software for design and production via 3D printing across metal, polymer, and other materials and production systems. With the addition of ParaMatters, Carbon is expanding the capabilities of their idea-to-production platform with more robust design software and production optimization tools for additive manufacturing.
ParaMatters software opens new capabilities in generative design for additive manufacturing – enabling to create better products in less time in 5 key ways:
- Designing advanced geometries: topology optimized 3D printable designs to meet performance criteria.
- Pre-print simulation: digitally simulate the performance of parts prior to printing to ensure performance.
- Post-print simulation: evaluate CT scans of printed parts to identify manufacturing deviations from your original design and understand the potential performance impacts.
- Part consolidation: combine assemblies of multiple parts into a single part to improve performance and reduce the number of parts.
- Comparative evaluation: Understand the potential advantages and trade-offs of different materials and geometries on factors such as cost, weight, and other desired performance requirements.
These new capabilities provide you with more opportunities to unlock the full value of additive manufacturing for your business and accelerate product development.
For more information about Carbon and ParaMatters, please visit carbon3d.com.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
3DPResso is a weekly newsletter that links to the most exciting global stories from the 3D printing and additive manufacturing industry.