Dutch 3D printing material developer and manufacturer has recently launched another special editable filament, releasing SKULPT. This new filament comes in four different colours, knowing: Black, Copper, Gold and Original.
SKULPT is a unique SKULPTable 3D printer filament, which is materialized by Thibra3D. This filament allows one to post process SKULPT 3D printed objects similar to sculpting clay. By projecting a temperature of ± 70° C on the SKULPT 3D printed object it will be possible to tweak and finetune the 3D printed object by sculpting it or remodelling it slightly.
It’s possible to adjust visible 3D printed layers, imperfections and removed support structures very easily into a smooth and detailed object. The SKULPT filament offers you the possibility to adjust, cut, carve, or add material to your 3D printed object to finish it just the way you want it to be.
- Sculptable by applying heat
- Use a heat gun to project a temperature of ± 70°C to the part of the SKULPT 3D printed object which requires finetuning by sculpting and/or remodelling
- Easily smooth out visible 3D printed layers and imperfections caused by blobs, zits and removed support structures
- Very easy to paint with acrylic paints
- SKULPT 3D printed object only has to be degreased with soap and lukewarm water before painting
- SKULPT 3D printed objects can be polished
- Repeatedly sculptable and reusable
- SKULPT 3D printed objects can continuously sculpted by remodelling, carving, cutting, adding extra material SKULPT material, etc…
- Leftover support structures can be reused for sculpting
- Does not dry out or crack
- 3D print support structures with the same SKULPT 3D printer filament as used for the primary objects as the object can perfectly be smoothed out and leftover support material can be reused for sculpting.
SKULPT is available through Formfutura’s website for € 44.95 and comes in both 1.75 mm and 2.85 mm. SKULPT can be purchased in multiple colours, knowing: Black, Copper, Gold and Original.