The US home improvement retailer Lowe´s wants to implement 3D scanning and 3D printing to help their customers.
Because of the stagnating business in the home improvement sector Lowe´s will offer 3D scanning and 3D printing services for their customers. To get this project rolling Lowe´s Innovation Lab partnered with Voodoo Manufacturing, a New Yorker startup. Lowe´s Chelsea, New York, will be the first location to bring the new services to Lowe´s customers.
The following services will be offered:
- Restoration: Customers can come into the store and get broken or out of production parts scanned and repaired in house. Customers can print in over 10 different materials.
- Preservation: Customers can come into the store to scan heirlooms and antiques to have a digital 3D printable file. Whether this file is saved for later or printed in a different material – it’s sure to maintain its use and memories for many years to come.
- Customization: Over 30+ templates ranging from Home Décor, Storage & Organization, and Desk Trinkets. Customers can change the shape and colors, engrave text, and choose from various materials.
- Personalization: Customers can customize their cabinets to craft a custom look through an easy three step process.
- Technical Expertise: Lowe’s employed two technicians that are readily available to assist in all services including CAD cleanup, 3D Modeling and customer service to help shoppers facilitate projects.