The Sweden-based company Magicfirm Europe AB has released an updated Version of their ZYYX 3D printer, the ZYYX+.
Among others, new features include an all aluminium print-head to increase stability and a new and stronger print fan. Moreover, the motion planner and extrusion algorithms have been redesigned, with the purpose of removing vibrations and improving retractions, thus increasing the print quality and resulting in finer details.
The printer’s enclosed chamber with its negative pressure will contain any odour. An active carbon filter removes any possibly harmful fumes from the air before being emitted outside.
ZYYX+ guarantees increased reliability and print quality using their own line of filaments including proABS, proPLA and proFlex, while filaments from third party providers will work as well on their machines. “Thanks to the closed chamber and the excellent adhesion of the ZYYX building plate you get ABS prints fully on par with what you get from any heated bed”, the team explains on their site.
The new ZYYX+ model is available for € 1,550 excluding VAT and shipping through the ZYYX Webshop.
- Print Technology FFF
- Build Volume 270x230x195 mm
- Filament diameter 1.75 mm
- Nozzle diameter 0.4 mm
- Max Resolution 50 microns layer thickness, 11 microns XY positioning
- Speed up to 150mm/s print speed, 200mm/s travel speed
- Printing temperature 100-265 Degrees Celsius
- Filament type PLA, ABS, Flexible PLA, TPU, Nylon, PET, Laywood, Laybrick, T-glase
- Interfaces USB, SD Card
- Stepper Motor type 1.8° Step angle, 1/16 micro stepping
- Build Plate Glass build plate with ZYYX 3D Print Sheet top layer
- Firmware Custom Sailfish Open Source FW
- Desktop Simplify3D
- Computer Requirements Intel Pentium 4 or higher processor, 2GB or more of RAM, Windows XP or greaterMac OS X 10.6 or greater, Ubuntu Linux 12.10 or greater. OpenGL 2.0 capable system
- Supported file types STL, X3G
- Product size 43x54x45,5(WxHxL) cm
- Product weight 16kg