Giovan Battista Lischetti, founder of Makershape, has created a “free space to help artists and crafters share their creations online“.
The new Makershape platform enables artists to share their 3D designs and 3D models and allows for community members to download and 3D print these designs. After a simple registration process, designers can create their own profile and tell the community a little bit about them and their work. While Makershape is still in Beta-testing, the platform features already a wide variety of 3D designs in various categories such as Jewellery, Games, Electronics, Clothing, Art, Architecture etc.
For anyone asking “Why should I join Makershape?”, Battista highlights the following reasons:
- Makershape was created by someone like you loving innovation, freedom, artists and makers.
- Better design and usability.
- Easier. Only STL Files compatible with all printers.
- Models are shared ONLY free
- Makershape will never steal and patent people designs.
- This community will really care about users privacy. It doesn’t require public informations and won’t sell their data.
- This is only the beginning but I’ll need your help to make it a
As there are still lots of features to be developed, Makershape counts on your feedback to improve their platform.