The Titan 1 is a bottom-up SLA 3D printer that works with a DLP projector to solidify photosensitive resin.
After a successful Kickstarter campaign, the device has been officially released to the market last year. It offers a wide range of
high-resolution printing (37 to 100 µm XY resolution) with the
tallest build height of 10 inches.
Kudo3D, the company behind the successful and fast 3D printer, has made the printing process even faster, claiming Titan 1 prints at at rate of 7 inches (19 cm) per hour.
To prove this number, Kudo3D printed a chiral two-layer geodesic sphere with a diameter of 2 inches (5 cm) in just under 17.5 minutes. Even with its speedy print time, the Titan 1 was still able to print fine details.
- XY resolution: 37μm to 100μm (HD native pixel size)
- Z resolution: 5μm (native gear resolution)
- Maximum Build Size at 100 micron XY resolution: 7.5″ x 4.3″ x 9.8″ / 19.2cm x 10.8cm x 25.0cm (L x W x H)
- Maximum Build Size at 50 micron XY resolution: 3.8″ x 2.1″ x 9.8″ / 9.6cm x 5.4cm x 25.0cm (L x W x H)
- Maximum Build Size at 37 micron XY resolution: 2.8″ x 1.6″ x 9.8″ / 7.0cm x 4.0cm x 25.0cm (L x W x H)
- Maximum print speed:
> 2.7 inches / hr for xy:50μm and z:100μm resolution
> 1.3 inches / hr for xy:100μm and z:100μm resolution
> 1.9 inches / hr for xy:100μm and z:200μm resolution
- Ability to pause during printing to exchange resin colors to print multi-color objects
- Machine Size: 16.1″ x 13.7″ x 33.6″ / 41cm x 35cm x 85cm
- Weight: 13.5 Kg / 30 pounds.
- Flexible PSP resin container
- HD DLP projector with a 2cm native 1920×1080 DMD chip by Texas Instruments
Titan 1 is available for $ 2,999 through Kudo3D’s Webseite. Shipping is guaranteed 2 to 2 weeks from purchase date.