Polish company TYTAN 3D unveiled the MAXX version of their GAIA Multitool with 10 interchangeable heads.
July 1, 2015: The delta 3D printer does not only feature several extruders for filament and ceramics but also a laser engraver, a diamond stylus for etching inscriptions or it can be turned into a CNC milling machine for example.
The 175 cm high MAXX version has a printing area of 45 x 105 cm (1.5 x 3.4 ft) and can print objects up to one meter in height.
The following tool heads can be changed within seconds:
- 3D printing head for ceramics (1 liter of material)
- 3D printing head for ceramics with a Bowden extruder (external tank with 10 liters of material)
- 3D printing head for ceramics with a cartridge (300 ml) built into the head itself, as opposed to via an external tank
- 3D printing head for FDM with a 3 mm nozzle
- 3D printing head for FDM with 1.75 mm nozzle
- diamond stylus for etching inscriptions on metal and glass
- knife to cut out foil/adhesive letters or other templates
- CNC milling machine for engraving inscriptions, drawings, carvings, etc.
- head equipped with a special marker for drawing (e.g. PCB tracks)
- laser engraver
TYTAN 3D has also revealed the price for both devices for the first time. The GAIA Multitool Standard is available for PLN 17,800 ($ 4,800) and the MAXX version for PLN 36,000 ($ 9,600).
August 5, 2015: Update – GAIA Multitool now available on Kickstarter
TYTAN 3D has now launched a Kickstarter campaign in order to not only promote their GAIA Multitool available in three different sizes, but also to optimise their production method and outfit the facility with more equipment with the help of backers.
The all-in-one tool can not only 3D print ceramics and plastic but also enables the user to mill, engrave, cut and draw using its various interchangeable tool heads.
GAIA Multitool comes in three different sizes:
- Standard – with working area of X,Y ∅ 30cm, Z 40 cm
- MAXX – with working area of X,Y ∅ 45xm, Z 105 cm
- MINI – with working area of X,Y ∅ 20, Z 20 cm
The Mini version is available to early backers at $ 1,500. The campaign runs through September 2, with first devices being shipped in June next year.