According to an analysis by the market research institute ResearchAndMarkets, 3D printing in the construction sector can show high growth until 2031. Currently, the market is estimated at 1.4 billion US dollars. With an annual growth of 87.3 %, the turnover will increase to more than 750 billion US dollars, according to the analysts.
3D printing construction is a process for printing polymer, concrete, and metals layer by layer using a 3D printer to create construction components or whole buildings. The most frequent type of printer is one that uses a robotic arm to extrude concrete back and forth. Additive welding and power binding are two more 3D printing techniques. Power binding uses 3D printing within a basin of powder, hardening powder layer-by-layer to construct the desired structure.
It is easier to create new designs with complex surfaces with the help of 3D printing construction. Moreover, less materials are used and it also lowers the labor costs. 3D printing construction offers faster construction. All such factors drive the expansion of the global market. Moreover, rise in building and infrastructure investments across the world has created significant growth opportunities for 3D printing construction market that is expected to drive the market forward during the forecast period.
Various market players have implemented strategic moves such as agreement, business expansion and collaboration to boost the 3D printing construction market. For instance, in May 2020, a construction engineering company Skanska collaborated with Lough Borough University, UK to accelerate the use of 3D printing technology. As a result, such strategic moves are anticipated to provide lucrative growth opportunities in the 3D printing construction market growth during the forecast period.
The market is segmented on the basis of construction method, material type, end user, and region. On the basis of construction method, the market is divided into extrusion and power bonding. On the basis of material type, the market is divided into concrete, metal, and composite. On the basis of end user, the market is divided into buildings and infrastructure. By region, the market analysis is conducted across North America (the U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa).
- The report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics.
- In-depth market analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for key market segments between 2022 and 2031.
- Extensive analysis of the 3D printing construction market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring of top competitors within the market framework.
- A comprehensive analysis of all the regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- The 3D printing construction market forecast analysis from 2022 to 2031 is included in the report.
- The key players with in 3D printing construction market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help understand the competitive outlook of the 3D printing construction industry.
The full report can be found here.
Find out more about Research and Markets at researchandmarkets.com.