Chinese 3D printing company Tiertime Technology announced the global launch of its new consumer 3D printer UP mini 2 at CES 2016.
The second generation of the UP mini desktop 3D printer also features WIFI connection and touch screen control and comes with the following major upgrades:
- Better print quality – Capable of printing in 0.15 mm layer thickness with new mechanical design
- Touch screen control – Provide better 3D printing user experience
- WIFI connection – WIFI support, enabling better user control of the 3D printer via mobile APPs
- Built-in HEPA air filtration – Reduce 3D printing air emissions and provide healthy and safe 3D printing environment
- Aluminum handle, and separate spool container with build-in toolbox – Easy to carry and handy to use
Besides the major upgraded features mentioned above, UP mini 2 also comes with a brand new look, and it includes internal LED lighting to easily monitor printing process. The overall dimension of UP mini 2 is 255 x 365 x 385 mm and it weighs 8 kg (20.3 lb).
Allen Guo, CEO of Tiertime, on their updated device: “UP mini 2 has the latest features available on 3D printing market, and it has also fine tuned those features to provide the best 3D printing experience. UP mini 2 is a consumer-oriented 3D printer for students at schools, kids at home and 3D printing fans around the world. We have given much thought about intuitive user interfaces to create more consumer friendly 3D printing environment.”
UP mini 2 will be available for purchase worldwide beginning at the second quarter of 2016, through Tiertime’s global distribution partners and major e-commerce platforms. Customers will get 12-month manufacturer warranty that Tiertime has been providing for all UP series 3D printers.