The Additive Manufacturing User Group (AMUG) announced the new board for 2016 – 2017.
In a vote of confidence the members of AMUG voted for the recommendation of the standing board, which means just very little change.
Steve Deak was announced the new President for 2016/17. He already served as president of 3DSUG, the predecessor of AMUG, in 2000, 2004 and 2005.
He said,”I am honored to serve once again as president of AMUG, following my two terms as vice president.” Deak continued, “Our board has great experience coupled with strong sense of purpose for the organization and passion for our members. I look forward to leading AMUG and engaging more of our members in preparation for the 2017 conference.”
The 2016- 2017 AMUG Board members are:
- President: Steve Deak, GE Aviation
- Past President: Mark Barfoot, Hyphen
- Chairman, Gary Rabinovitz, Reebok
- Vice President: Dana McCallum, Carbon
- Vice President: Paul Pates, UL
- Deputy Vice President: Derek Ellis, Computer Aided Technology, Inc.
- Deputy Vice President: Mark Wynn, Yazaki North America
- Treasurer: Vince Anewenter, Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Event Manager: Tom Sorovetz, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Secretary: Kim Killoran, Stratasys
- AM Industry Advisor: Todd Grimm, T. A. Grimm & Assocs.
- Advisor: Mark Abshire, Computer Aided Technology, Inc.
The incoming board also reappointed three AMUG global ambassadors:
- Ambassador: Graham Tromans, GP Tromans Associates
- Ambassador: Stefan Ritt, SLM Solutions
- Ambassador: Nora Cibula, Concept Laser