Creaform has launched VXinspect, a powerful and intuitive 3D inspection software that includes all the tools for first article inspection (FAI) and quality control.
April 29, 2015: VXinspect provides simple integration for contact (probing) and non-contact (scanning) measurement in numerous manufacturing applications. The dimensional inspection software is fully integrated in VXelements, Creaform’s 3D software platform and application suites.
The software features all the functionalities required to set up a high-efficiency measurement sequence to inspect multiple parts. Its intuitive interface assures efficient inspection workflow with no compromise in measurement quality or Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) requirements.
- CAD import: Supports CAD impor of IGES and STEP files, allowing direct measurement comparison with CAD models.
- Multiple-Measurement mode: Seamlessly integrates both single-point touch probe and non-contact measurements into an intuitive software interface.
- Alignment: Before starting the dimensional inspection process, positioning and orientation of the object in space is of utmost importance. It ensures more accurate results from data acquisition up to the final inspection report.
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T): Sophisticated algorithms and calculation methods offer an accessible way to apply GD&T principles and practices to the inspection project, even for users without extensive experience.
Additionally Creaform has released two products to enhance performance and reliability of its dimensional inspection solutions on the shop floor:
The Creaform Shop-Floor Workstation is a dedicated work and secure storage unit offering increased mobility with on-the-go access to 3D scanning, probing and photogrammetry systems.
The C-Track Shop-Floor Stand facilitates the mobility of the C-Track dual-camera sensors around the part to be inspected.
October 2, 2015: Update – Advanced GD&T in latest VXinspect dimensional inspection software release
Creaform has announced major improvements to the functionality of VXinspect, a solution to offer an intuitive workflow in a simple and flexible dimensional inspection software, including additional geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) capabilities, cross-sections options, and much more.
Part of VXelements, Creaform’s 3D software platform and application suite, VXinspect is a dimensional inspection software module that allows operators to set up a complete inspection sequence combining probing, 3D scanning, and photogrammetry. It’s ergonomic and consistent software interface reduces the need for extensive training, lowers the risk of operator error, and increases productivity.
Enhancements in this new release include:
- Advanced GD&T module: True position and profile tolerance calculation for free-state and not fully constrained datum reference frames (DRF). Patten entity with composite tolerances features also available.
- Cross-section module: Creation methods for single and multiple cross-sections allowing 2D comparison.
- New alignment method and more.
“VXinspect is optimized for Creaform’s 3D measurement technologies. Its advanced GD&T module and unique accessibility are what make VXinspect the obvious choice. We are excited to announce this new release to further empower manufacturing companies to use our metrology solutions to increase their productivity,” said Jérôme-Alexandre Lavoie, Product Manager.