The german hobbyist project called dddmaterial, develops a premium Tungsten-Nozzle for 3D-Printers as replacement to the common brass-nozzles. A crowdfunding campaign to finance and realise the plan is already in planning stage.
Founder of the project Christopher Peterwerth underlines the following main advantages of a premium tungsten-nozzle:
- its low thermal expansion and higher thermal conductivity compared to brass
- a tungsten nozzle grants better and preciser printing results
- 3D Printer Calibration efforts are more stable (homogeneous layer thickness even on extreme long print-runs as well as during high temperature which is needed for prints with PC, ABS, PA
- commenly used concept in the plastic extrusion industry
- its hardness which resists wear and its better cost-benefit ratio compared to other material solutions.
- high durability
- full tungsten nozzle which grants excellent thermal conductivity
- simple design