Poland-based company Sand Made is about to launch their Sand Made LS One 3D printer at TEDxKrakow in June.
Their mission is to provide small and medium industries and design studios with an affordable high-quality printer using laser sintering technology. With its high power Co2 laser and precise scanning galvanometer head, LS One can create objects from a variety of materials such as foundry sand, wax, nylon and polystyrene. This allows for the creation of moulds used in sand casting as well as wax models for the lost-wax-casting process.
- Technology: Laser Sintering
- Laser: CO2 40W
- Scanning: High speed Galvanometer (up to 3000mm/sec)
- Building volume: 150 x 150 x 150 mm
- Layer thickness: 0.06 – 0.35 mm depending on material and printing speed
- Build speed: up to 13mm /hour
- File format: STL
- High quality IR sensor
- Heated Bed
The Sand Made LS One is said to come with a price tag of around € 25,000 ($ 28,000). The company wants to bring the device to the market by the end of this year.