3D printer manufacturer XYZprinting announced the release of the da Vinci 1.1 Plus, an enhanced version of its da Vinci 1.0 3D printer. The da Vinci 1.1 Plus features WiFi connectivity, and remote access through XYZprinting’s new free app, XYZapp, for iPad and Android table devices.
By downloading XYZapp, users can set up print jobs from their devices anywhere, anytime. Through the app, users can print straight from XYZprinting’s 3D design Artist Collection and access thousands of 3D models. XYZapp also enables users to monitor their print jobs. The da Vinci 1.1 Plus’ new built-in camera sends routine picture updates to the app that users can then share through social media or upload to XYZprinting’s 3D design collection.
Featuring a USB port and Android-based 5” color LCD touch panel, the da Vinci 1.1 Plus is a completely stand-alone printer that can be managed and operated without a connection to a desktop or laptop computer. Users can do all of their 3D printing from the printer itself, and access XYZprinting’s 3D design community, through the touch screen panel and WiFi connection.
Additional Features of the da Vinci 1.1 Plus Include:
- Constantly Connected: Wi-Fi, USB, and Ethernet connectivity provide an interactive experience to engage and print.
- Cloud Library: Thousands of 3D models available to share, create, and print online with XYZprinting’s design gallery.
- User-Friendly Filament: The printer features a single-extruder that supports printing using both ABS and PLA materials. With easy-to-install filament cartridges available in 12 colors, users can easily refill the printer, switch colors, or switch between ABS and PLA filament in order to achieve different texture qualities and character.
- Upgraded Software with Automatic Slicing Repairs: New software updates to XYZware enable automatic repairs to graphic files, offering faster and more precise slicing, as well as more flexible options in print density.
- Large Build Size: da Vinci 1.1 Plus uses fused filament fabrication (FFF) technology and prints items at 7.8”x7.8”x7.8”
- Plug-and-Play: da Vinci 1.1 Plus is simple and easy to operate, with no assembly required.