Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), a specialist in polymer 3D printing solutions, announced financial results for the second quarter of 2022.
Summary – Second Quarter 2022 Financial Results Compared to Second Quarter 2021:
- Revenue of $166.6 million, compared to $147.0 million.
- GAAP gross margin of 40.5%, compared to 43.0%.
- Non-GAAP gross margin of 47.6%, compared to 47.5%.
- GAAP operating loss of $23.5 million, compared to a GAAP operating loss of $22.7 million.
- Non-GAAP operating income of $1.9 million, compared to non-GAAP operating loss of $2.6 million.
- GAAP net loss of $24.4 million, or ($0.37) per diluted share, compared to net loss of $20.2 million, or ($0.31) per diluted share.
- Non-GAAP net income of $1.2 million, or $0.02 per diluted share, compared to non-GAAP net loss of $1.6 million, or ($0.02) per diluted share.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $7.4 million, compared to $3.5 million.
- $22.8 million of cash used by, compared to $5.6 million of cash generated from, operating activities, reflecting a continued augmentation of inventories.
“Our continued focus on execution delivered strong growth in revenue, margin, and earnings per share,” commented Dr. Yoav Zeif, Stratasys’ Chief Executive Officer. “Systems was again the main driver of robust performance, growing 29.2% from the prior year period and 9.7% over the same period in 2019. Our new Origin P3 and H350 SAF mass production manufacturing systems continue to ramp, with excellent customer engagement across all of our new technology offerings.”
Dr. Zeif continued, “We are advancing our leadership position by executing on our strategic initiatives and steadily expanding our reach into Fortune 500 manufacturing facilities worldwide. We continue to provide best-in-class, full-scale 3D printing solutions through our innovative and growing ecosystem of polymer additive manufacturing systems, expanding variety of materials, end-to-end software and top quality service. With our robust balance sheet and leading go-to-market strategy, we are well-positioned to navigate challenging supply issues and global inflation in our efforts to create long-term value for all of our shareholders.”
Based on current market conditions and assuming that the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, global supply chain costs, currency risk and inflation do not impede economic activity further, the Company is updating its outlook for 2022 as follows:
- Full year revenue of $675 million to $685 million, as compared to a previous range of $685 million to $695 million. The reduction is primarily due to unexpected and adverse currency exchange rates which are expected to impact third and fourth quarter results relatively equally.
- Revenue growth in the second half of the year approximately 6%-7% higher than the second half of 2021, with fourth quarter anticipated to grow at a higher rate than third quarter.
- Based on current logistics and materials costs, third quarter gross margins relatively flat compared to third quarter of 2021, and full-year gross margins of flat to slightly higher than 2021.
- Full year-operating expenses that are $18 million to $23 million higher than 2021, primarily due to ongoing investments in new products to drive higher revenue.
- Full year non-GAAP operating margins slightly above 2%.
- GAAP net loss of $78 million to $69 million, or ($1.17) to ($1.04) per diluted share.
- Non-GAAP net income of $10 million to $13 million, or $0.14 to $0.19 per diluted share.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $38 million to $41 million.
- Capital expenditures of $20 million to $25.
Non-GAAP earnings guidance excludes $37 million to $38 million of projected amortization of intangible assets, $33 million to $35 million of share-based compensation expense, and reorganization and other expenses of $14 million to $16 million. Non-GAAP guidance includes tax adjustments of $2 million to $1 million on the above non-GAAP items.
Stratasys Ltd. Second Quarter 2022 Webcast and Conference Call Details:
The Company webcasted its conference call to discuss its second quarter 2022 financial results on Wednesday, August 3, 2022, at 8:30 a.m. (ET). The webcast will be available for six months at investors.stratasys.com.
Stratasys is driving the global shift to additive manufacturing with innovative 3D printing solutions for industries such as aerospace, automotive, consumer products and healthcare. Through smart and connected 3D printers, polymer materials, a software ecosystem, and parts on demand, Stratasys solutions deliver competitive advantages at every stage in the product value chain. Many organizations turn to Stratasys to transform product design, bring agility to manufacturing and supply chains, and improve patient care.
To learn more about Stratasys, visit www.stratasys.com.