Italien company Open Technologies has launched “Scan in a Box“, a simple and affordable prosumer 3D scanner to complement your 3D printer.
The device working with stereo structured light technology features a mobile, adaptable structure and a simple configuration to quickly perform high resolution 3D scans. According to the manufacturer “it’s the perfect tool for those, who want to take their first steps into the 3D world, with particular attention to educational and academic applications.” Additionally, it is also an efficient solution for more advanced users.
Images are captures in less than 4 seconds and turned into a 3D model with their IDEA 3D scanning software, that was especially developed to complement the hardware. The files can then immediately be exported for 3D printing in the most common file formats such as STL, PLY or OBJ.
- Scanner Dimensions: 400 x 105 x 92 mm
- Packaging Dimensions: 470 x 440 x 120 mm
- Packaging Weight: 5,5Kg
- Time for Scanning: approx. 4 seconds per scan
- Resolution/Precision: till 0.1% accuracy compared to the scanned object
- Mesh Density: up to 10 million vertexes per model
- File Exporting formats: OBJ, STL, PLY, OFF
Scan in a Box is available for € 2,390 excluding taxes and shipping costs.