Stratasys, a leader in polymer 3D printing solutions, has announced the introduction of four new P3 materials and the development of additional validated materials for the F900. These innovations are designed to expand the range of manufacturing applications and accelerate the selection of available material options in the market.
The new materials for the Origin One Series P3 DLP platform include:
- Somos WeatherX 100: A material for hard-wearing applications such as vehicle interiors and motorcycle parts. It offers improved weather resistance and dimensional accuracy, tested to stringent SAE industry standards.
- Somos PerFORM HW: A ceramic-reinforced material ideal for injection molds or fixtures that require high rigidity and temperature resistance.
- P3 Deflect 190 ESD: Developed in collaboration with Henkel, this resin is suitable for equipment and fixtures in electronics manufacturing, with properties such as high heat resistance and electrostatic dissipation.
- P3 Stretch 80: An elastomer prototyping resin developed with BASF’s Forward AM for flexible parts such as gaskets and handles.
In addition, Stratasys is introducing an automatic function for creating support structures in the GrabCAD Print software for Origin One in order to optimize the printing process depending on the material properties.
Two new materials have also been introduced for the F900:
- Kimya PC-FR: A flame-retardant polycarbonate suitable for end components in rail transportation that meets the EN 45545 standard.
- FDM HIPS: A cost-effective, high-impact polystyrene material for applications with low requirements.
The new OpenAM software with an open material license now also enables printing with license-free materials on the F900.
“Expanding our portfolio with validated materials gives our customers more choice required for a wider range of applications and scale production,” said Dr. Yoav Zeif, CEO of Stratasys. “With the continued growth of additive manufacturing, the possibilities with 3D printing are limitless. We are therefore delighted to be able to deliver on this promise to our customers.”